Doctor insights on:
What Doctor Specializes In Tongue
Tongue issues: Tongue maladies can be diagnosed by many: primary physician, your dentist, a local oral surgeon, or a ENT physician. Suggest you take the least costly route and if needed, the dentist or physician can refer you to a specialist if needed. ...Read more
Three Choices: There are three primary doctors who can diagnose & treat conditions of the tongue: ear, nose and throat doctor, dentist, and/or oral surgeon. It's hard to know where to begin sometimes. Also, they may refer you back & forth between themselves if you have something unusual. But, you have to start somewhere, so pick the doctor who is most convenient. Generally, i would think, that's your dentist. ...Read more
Depends on issue: There is no specialty of medicine or dentistry that deals only or specifically with 'tongues'. The best doctor (ent, oral pathologist, oral surgeon, general dentist, . Pcp) would depend upon the specific issue or problem- irritation, allergy, neoplasm, laceration, thrush, viral or bacterial infections, canker sore, herpes, lichen planus, etc. Please state your issue or symptom. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What kind of doctor specializes in tongue problems?
- What kind of doctor treats and specializes in tongue cancer?
- What doctor specializes in infections?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What doctors specialize in scoliosis?
- What doctor specializes in pneumonia?
- What doctor specializes in sarcoidosis?
- What type doctor specializes in sleep apnea?
- Talk to an otolaryngologist online