Doctor insights on:
What Doctor Administers A Colonoscopy
Lesions in bowel: Colonoscopy is a method for direct visualization of the entire colon from several cm. above the rectum to the splenic and hepatic flexures to the cecum. it allows for examination of the tissue of the bowel, allowing for biopsies and identification and biopsy of any inflammatory process to lesions such as polyps, carcinomas and obstructing processes. ...Read more
Variable: Normal risk(for colon cancer) persons without concerning symptoms(like blood in the stool) usually don't need to start screening with colonoscopies until age 50. Various medical ailments like inflammatory bowel disease, a familial history of colon cancer or polyps or certain genetic syndrome or concerning symptoms will push recommendations for screening earlier. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Several: Poor prep is the most common reason, followed by a colon obstruction from tumor, stricture or inflammation. Then comes prior surgeries and adhesions. Of course general medical condition may be bad enough to Prohibit a surgical procedure. Most experienced endoscopists rarely are unable to complete a colonoscopy. ...Read more
Purpose: colonoscopy: The premiere purpose is to prevent colon cancer. Almost all colon cancer starts with a benign growth, a polyp, which takes ten years to become cancer. Removing polyps during test eliminates risk for cancer! can also look for other diseases (colitis, diverticulitis). ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Can Crohn's disease go undiagnosed even after a colonoscopy? Even though all other symptoms suggest Crohn's disease but the doctors won't listen.
Gi wants first available colonoscopy but his secretary won't sked cuz i can't receive instrux by fax and they don't have email. Should i get new doc?
Local Problem: That is your choice. It is not something for this international application to get involved in. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What doctor specialty performs colonoscopy?
- What type of doctor does a colonoscopy?
- What type of doctor performs colonoscopy?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Which kind of doctor administers or prescribes tamoxifen
- What is the rationale for administering a blood transfusion?
- What do doctor give patient to clean colon before colonoscopy?
- What does the doctor do during a colonoscopy and what is he looking for?
- Talk to a colorectal surgeon online for free