Doctor insights on:
What Do You Recommend For Dealing With People With Suicidal Tendencies
Get help: You should take suicidal tendencies very seriously. Those with suicidal thoughts and previous attempts are at high risk for completed suicide. Get help for the underlying problem, which may be a mood disorder, personality disorder, substance abuse, anxiety, etc. See a psychiatrist and a counselor as soon as possible. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Harming self: Warning signs for suicide include thinking and talking about it, talking about reuniting with a dead loved one, giving away possessions, talking about dying, hopelessness, severe depression, isolation and withdrawal. Suicidal tendencies would include engaging in high risk behavior with little regard for one's own safety: drinking and driving, excessive drug use, reckless driving, etc. ...Read more
Suicide Risk: Thinking about and planning suicide are risk factors for suicide. If a person has suicidal thoughts, threatens to commit suicide, makes suicidal gestures or attempts, or engages in careless and risky behaviors, they are sometimes said to have "suicidal tendencies." this is not a common professional term, however. If concerned about suicide risk call a professional or 9-1-1. ...Read more
A++ treatment: First see a well trained psychiatrist (md). After an evaluation, treat mint customized to you will/should be discussed. The latest anti-depressants and excellent psychotherapy have won me praise, thanks, name of next chid. And i know I am just the conduit. Call yesterday. You should be seen tomorrow! ...Read more
See below: Psychotherapy will help you find out what is triggering your tendencies. Having a "crisis card" or something similar with the hotline phone numbers, coping skills and plan of action -- what to do when impulses become hard to handle. If these impulses do become unbearable, dial 911 or go to the nearest emergency room. ...Read more
Suicide & Gender: Statistics show that females attempt suicide more often than males, however males are more often successful with their attempts due to the lethality of their chosen method. No matter a person's gender or age it is important that people are aware of the warning signs of a person with suicidal ideations. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What does physical therapy do for people with knock knees?
- What are the best recommended foods for people to eat living with hiv?
- What do you do if people use the r word around your son with down syndrome?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What exercises can you do with a broken toe?
- I use a nebulizer with my albuteral and now i have a cough what can i do for it
- What should i do for high fasting glucose with normal random glucose?
- What are the benefits of vitamin b12 for people with a pinched nerve?
- Talk to a psychologist online for free