Doctor insights on:
What Do You Mean By An Antitussive Agent
Suppresses cough: An anti-tussive suppresses cough. This is only beneficial is you are having frequent coughing spells or pain with coughing. Coughing is an important reflex that happens when the body senses something foreign or irritating in the respiratory tract. It's a way to expel that quickly and forcefully. ...Read more
Antitussive: This is a medicine that is supposed to help suppress coughs. ...Read more
Depends on cough: Mucolytics are used to thin secretions and mucus - we use it in copd, sinusitis, and other things. The goal of which is to help get mucus out of the lungs through a cough. Antitussives are on the other end of the spectrum - they work to block or suppress the cough. Whether you use a mucolytic or antitussive really depends on the cause of the cough in the first place. ...Read more
Lets see?: Expectorants and mucolytics tend to loosen up thick mucous and allow you to expectorate (spit up and out). Anti-tussives help to suppress coughs. Cough is good to get inflammation and infections out of the bronchial tubes. If annoying, then antitussives may help to get some sleep. Drink lots of water, use a humidifier and rest. Stay at home. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What do you mean by apicolordotic view haziness?
- What does it mean if you have an orange tongue?
- What do the colours mean in an ultrasound?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What do the yellow colors mean on an echocardiogram?
- What can you do if you have an enlarged spleen and liver?
- What does it mean if you have an itchy mole?
- What do it mean when you have pain in your buttcheeks?
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free