Doctor insights on:
What Do You Feel Like When You Have Low Iron
Iron deficiency: Low iron makes you tired, pale, lightheaded, and short of breath. It can cause "pica" (craving something unusual). The most common symptom is munching ice. Additional symptoms include foggy thinking, poor hair and nail growth, itching, and restless legs. Pregnant women with low iron can have children with lower iq scores than if they had adequate iron stores. ...Read more
No: No. These are two different issues.Get a more detailed answer ›
TryHeavn'sGrapeJuice: Well, it won't make you feel any stronger in the long run.Some say alcohol stores iron in the body but I don't think that is significant unless you are a lush (like several drinks a day for several years,like,you know,a flaming drunk)The bright side is that wine is made of grapes which contain a fair amount of iron(100gm=2%RDA) and wine has .6mg/5oz=roughly 10%RDA. But there are better sources. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
What is the best food or supplements to take if you have low iron or if ur body doesn't retain iron?
First find the cause: Most important is to find out why your levels are low. For younger women, menstruation is the main reason. Low iron levels can be caused by blood loss, red blood cells not being made quickly enough, being destroyed or dying too quickly. Consult a doctor before taking supplements or making major dietary changes. Some iron-rich foods include dark green leafy vegetables, figs, dark molasses. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What does it feel like when you have a tonic clonic seizure?
- How do you feel when you have low blood pressure?
- What do you feel like when you first get pregnant?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What do you feel when you have a heart attack?
- What do you feel when you have high blood pressure?
- What does it feel like when you ovulate?
- What to do when you have low blood pressure?
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free