Doctor insights on:
What Do You Do If Your Big Toe Is Broken
See podiatrist: To HAV e it x-rayed and evaluated. You need to know if the fracure is involved with the joint and also if it is comminuted (multiple pieces). Please do not....Do nothing. The big toe is very important in walking - do not underestimate this injury. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
See your doctor: Problems like these can only be correctly handled by your doctor in person. He/she needs to listen to you, perform an examination and possibly run labs or other tests. That's the only way he/she can find out what's going on and what to do about it. ...Read more
Few months ago my doctor said that my big toe is broken.I didn't do anything because it didn't hurt.Currently my big toe hurts with every step.
Needs evaluation: You should see your doctor again or a foot specialist. You may have a nonunion of your broken toe. Thanks for trusting HealthTap! ...Read more
When a big toe is broken, is it better to use crutches and not walk at all, or to use the walking boot if the doctor allows? I am scared of walking!
Need an xray to know: If fractured.Get a more detailed answer ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How do you know if pinky toe is broken or just bruised?
- How do you know if your pinky finger is broken?
- How do you tell if your finger is broken or jammed?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can you walk if your big toe is broken?
- How do you tell if your collarbone or clavicle is broken?
- How do you know if your thumb is broken?
- What do you do if your blood pressure is high?
- Talk to a podiatrist online for free