Doctor insights on:
What Do You Do If A Person Stops Breathing But They Still Have A Pulse
Get help!: Depending on age e.g. Between 3 and 6 months apnea like this is sometimes a forerunner of sids. No matter that a doctor does not find any abnormality, insist on an apnea monitor until the danger period is over (about the end of the first year). You may not get any alarms but you will surely sleep better.If the child is older it might be sleep apnea. ...Read more
My 11 month old son stops breathing numerous times a night for about 10 seconds each. Whats wrong with him?
Several reasons: This cessation of breathing in an infant can be central - nervous system, obstruction - blocking air entering his lungs or a mix of both. This is rare in full term infants and should be evaluated by his physician for a cause. ...Read more
See her doctor: If she is having extended pauses in her breathing she should be seen by her doctor as soon as possible. ...Read more
M.D. visit: It is important to check with your doctor. There are many causes of apnea in this age group. These will include enlarged adenoids, airway narrowing or central nervous system problems. Babies breathe through their noses and any congestion can also cause apnea. Keeping their nasal passages clear is important. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Do you have a high pulse rate with bronchitis?
- Do you still have a cervix after hysterectomy?
- Do you still have periods after a hysterectomy?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Do you still have discharge if your pregnant?
- What causes somebody to have muscle twitching and how do you stop it?
- What can you do to stop itching in the hand if you have a fracture?
- What is the pulse rate of a normal person?
- Talk to a pulmonologist online for free