Doctor insights on:
What Do Thyroid Nodules Multiply Fast
Variable: Thyroid nodules are variable in their growth patterns. Some can grow quickly in size, particularly if there is a cystic component to the nodule. Your doctor will usually suggest an ultrasound to follow the growth of the nodule every 6 months to one year, depending on the level of suspicion. ...Read more
If they just found a 1.1 CM solid thyroid nodule how fast should I get it biopsy will this starts to grow very quickly?
Besides genetics, what determines the chance of a solid thyroid nodule being cancerous? I have a solid nodule that has grown fast and normal TSH level
Cancer risk: Risk of cancer is higher in patients < 20 and > 70, and in males. Concern for cancer higher if fixed (non-mobile), fast growing, lymph nodes in the neck, firm/hard, history of neck radiation, problems swallowing/talking/breathing. A TSH that is normal is actually more concerning as well. Typically if > 1cm and normal tsh, biopsy is performed. Especially if any other risk factors present. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Yes: Thyroid nodules occur in up to 50% of the worlds population. Modern ultrasound equipment can detect very small nodules that were not detectable with older machines. Only about 5% of nodules are cancerous. Nodules tend to increase in frequency as one matures. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Why do thyroid nodules grow fast?
- Thyroid nodules fast growing
- Fast growing thyroid nodule
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is considered a fast rate of growth for a thyroid nodule that is solid?
- Do thyroid nodules grow?
- Fast growing thyroid nodules indicative of
- What is a thyroid goiter or nodule?
- Talk to an otolaryngologist online