Doctor insights on:
What Do The Letters Als Stand For
Neurologic disease: Amylotrophic lateral sclerosis- a neurologic disease affects motor function, leads to muscle weakness and significant disability. Also known as lou gehrigs disease. If you or family are diagnosed with this or if you want to learn more, visit www.Alsa.Org. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Usually not: Pain is not usually a prominent presenting symptom in ALS, but can occur due to spasticity, muscle spasms, and even co-morbities. About 50% of cases experience some pain. One caveat, pelvic pain may herald infection, especially urinary, and chest pain, possibly pneumonia. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
All symptomatic : The sole drug on the market, riluzole, might delay placement of tracheostomy and slow disease somewhat, but other that feeding tubes, and breathing support, and meds to assist varioius complications, there is not a successful intervention available. Some support can be achieved through the ALS society, and believe mda still assists also. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
ALS symptoms vary: ALS symptoms may vary from person to person. For some people muscles throughout the body may be affected, in others, it may only be in the arms or legs. Shared symptoms include painless weakness, muscle wasting, weight loss, and spontaneous muscle contractures (fasciculations). Sensation is not affected. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What do the letters after a doctors name mean?
- What do the letters qrs mean on the the electrocardiogram?
- What do the big and small letters mean on an eye vision chart?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What do als ms and lupus have in common?
- What is als disease symptoms?
- What are the early symptoms of als?
- What are symptoms of having als?
- Talk to a neurologist online