Doctor insights on:
What Do The Colours Mean In An Ultrasound
Blighted ovum.: That would depend on how advanced the pregnancy is. By 5 weeks there should be at least a yolk sac present in the gestational sac in the uterus. By six weeks a fetal pole should be seen and 85 to 90% of the time a fetal heart beat is noted by six weeks. If there is no fetal pole or yolk sac present by six weeks, it is unlikely that the pregnancy is normal. That is referred to as a blighted ovum. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
The sonogram is a test that looks at body organs with no radiation. It uses sound waves and can give us a 2 dimensional view of organs such as the kidney, liver, heart, and lungs. It can define spaces that are either solid or full of fluid. I can also guide large needles into an organ or near the spine, and can help define the area being cut open. Its a ...Read more
When it is said that early (8 wk) ultrasounds are accurate +/- 2 days, what exactly does that mean? It is 1 to 2 days accurate of the conception day?
High percentile: for what specific characteristic? High percentile generally means that, compared to other babies of the same age, the baby is probably in the top 25% or so for the measured characteristic. For example, if it was weight, it would mean that the baby weighs more than 75% of all babies the same age. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
The ultrasound report says "cbd is prominent,measuring approx 8.2 mm in size." What does this mean?
The common bile duct: drains bile from the liver and gallbladder into the duodenum. The upper limit of normal for your age would be 5-6mm diameter. The duct can dilate if it is obstructed by a stone, mass, or stricture. The duct can also be passively dilated following gallbladder removal or other biliary surgery/procedures, in which case it is not due to obstruction but is the "new normal" for you. Talk to your doc. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What do the yellow colors mean on an echocardiogram?
- What do colors mean in thyroid ultrasound?
- What do white spots mean in an ultra sound?
- What does the color yellow mean in an echogram?
- What do the colors mean in thyroid ultra sound?
- What do the numbers in a glaucoma reading mean?
- What do the big and small letters mean on an eye vision chart?
- What does it mean if the ultrasound did not see anything in the sac?
- Talk to a radiologist online for free