Doctor insights on:
What Do Measles Look Like On Adults
By the time the...: ...Rash comes out, the child with measles will have had several days of high fever, headaches, sore throat, severe cough, eye pain and redness, possibly seizures, shortness of breath, or coma. The rash usually just confirms the diagnosis already made from other findings. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
No: No carrier state in measles . Once you get the disease you develop antibodies for life . You can transmit the disease only in the acute phase or when you have the active measles infection . Not otherwise. Hence we advocate to immunize all kids . This is to prevent active infection and it's spread from person to person . ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
I have had measles in childhood. Do adults need to get vaccinated if they had them before, or does natural immunity stay for a lifetime?
No; Details: Always discuss w/ your doctor but MMR (measles shot) is not given if a person is on a high dose of Prednisone for over 2 weeks. A high dose is more than 1 mg/ pound or greater than 20 mg. If you have only been on a short course of < 2 weeks or alternate day therapy of prednisone, you may have the option of getting the MMR (measles shot). ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What do hives look like on adults?
- What do spider bites look like on human skin?
- What do kidney stones look like on ultrasound?
- What do gallstones look like on an ultrasound?
- What do flea bites look like on babies?
- What does heat rash look like on adults?
- What do mite bites look like on a human?
- What do arthritis nodules on hand look like?
- Talk to a dermatologist online for free