Doctor insights on:
What Do Measles Look Like On Adults
By the time the...: ...Rash comes out, the child with measles will have had several days of high fever, headaches, sore throat, severe cough, eye pain and redness, possibly seizures, shortness of breath, or coma. The rash usually just confirms the diagnosis already made from other findings. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
Yes: Immunity from measles following natural infection is considered life-long, barring any underlying immune disorder. Of course, there are always exceptions to this, although uncommon. Your doctor should be able to send a blood test to check your antibody titers against measles to help you determine if you are still at risk. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
No: No carrier state in measles . Once you get the disease you develop antibodies for life . You can transmit the disease only in the acute phase or when you have the active measles infection . Not otherwise. Hence we advocate to immunize all kids . This is to prevent active infection and it's spread from person to person . ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
I have had measles in childhood. Do adults need to get vaccinated if they had them before, or does natural immunity stay for a lifetime?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What do hives look like on adults?
- What do spider bites look like on human skin?
- What do kidney stones look like on ultrasound?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What do flea bites look like on babies?
- What does heat rash look like on adults?
- What do mite bites look like on a human?
- What do arthritis nodules on hand look like?
- Talk to a dermatologist online