Doctor insights on:
What Do Lumps In The Breast Feel Like
Is there a way to remove or make the lumps in the breast disappear without surgery? For your information, the lumps are sometime painful and painless.
No lumpy breasts: You should see a breast surgeon who can evaluate your history and examined your 'lumps'. Appropriate studies can be obtained and a treatment plan formulated. If you have cysts, they can be aspirated. If you have solid masses, its my opinion they should be removed even if a needle biopsy is negative. Breasts should not be lumpy and its a good rule to follow. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
No: Always and never are words we seldom use in medicine. That said, any suspicious lumps should be evaluated and women should faithfully get their age and risk-appropriate screening tests (like mammograms). Better be safe than sorry. Oh, and go steelers. ...Read more
I have lumps in the breast and my breast, shoulder and back hurt. The pain seemed to come on suddenly. Is this cancer?
Nodular: Breast lumps are commonly distinct from the tissue they arise in. You can always compare the feeling of a similar area on the same breast or the other breast so see if it is different. They usually have "soft" edges so can easily slip from the fingers. Any abnormality should be seen by your doctor. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What do breast cancer lumps feel like?
- What do cancerous breast lumps feel like?
- What do ovary lumps feel like?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What do breast tissue expanders look or feel like?
- What do sore breasts feel like in early pregnancy?
- What do tender breasts feel like in early pregnancy?
- What a lump in breast feels like?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free