Doctor insights on:
What Do Infectologists Do For Pneumonia
Hmmmmmm?: I assume you are referring to an "infectious disease" doctor. An id doctor is an internest who has subspecialized in infectious diseases. They treat and make recommendations for treatment on many infection states. Some practice independently and treat a panel of patients primarily. Most are consultants to other physicians and make recommendatins on treatment. They are a expert on pneumonia. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Signs of pneumonia: A persistent cough and fever over 102 fever commonly with shaking chills and sweating (although older people may have lower-than-normal body temperature), shortness of breath, chest pain that fluctuates with breathing (pleurisy), occasional headache, muscle pain, fatigue. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Colored phlegm,fever: A cough productive of colored (yellow/green or other colors) phlegm. Elderly patients often do not have fever. Other signs to look for are rapid heart rate, chest pain. Prompt treatment of pneumonia with antibiotics and diagnosis with chest exam/chest xray is important. Additional risk factors such as underlying disease of smoking/hypertension/diabetes make someone more prone to infection. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Antibiotics depends: It vis treated with antibiotics and the choice of antibiotics depends on whether it is nursing home aquired pneumonia, community aquired pneumonia, hospital aquired pneumonia and if it is in pediatric age group or young patients, diabetics or geriatric age group. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Pneumonia: Pneumonia is an infection of the lungs caused by bacteria, viruses, or fungus. It can be diagnosed by a physician by chest x-ray in most cases. Most cases (if caught early enough) can be easily treated as an outpatient. It becomes more problematic in the elderly, and more medically frail patients so get evaluated by your doctor if you believe you have it! ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What can you do for someone who is choking on a glass of water?
- Very itchy rash around my neck its splotchy and very dry what to do for it
- I have had a headache for 5 days and no matter what i do or take it wont go away
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What can i do for a broken finger that did not heal right?
- What do you do for a hematoma after a breast biopsy?
- My mouth is hurting after a filling what should i do for pain
- What can i do for a finger closed in a car door?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free