Doctor insights on:
What Do I Need To Know About Cefazolin Before Letting My Doctor Give It To Me
Took 1g of Azithromyacin on Thursday for cervicitis. I'm having foot surgery tomorrow and surgeon will give me 2g Ancef (cefazolin). Is this going to be okay?
Pre-op antibiotic.: No problem!Get a more detailed answer ›
Since i'm allergic to penicillin, I was prescribed cefazolin, but i'm terrified of needles. Can I take pills instead?
Pen/cephalosporins : It depends . First of all, the first choice substitute antibiotic for a penicillin-allergic person is not a cephalosporin, especially a first-generation one like cephazolin. There is a small chance you will be allergic to the cephazolin, and giving it parenterally is much more dangerous than orally. The type of infection you have determines what antibiotics you can use. Ask your doctor for options. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Cefazolin: Cefazolin (generic Ancef) is a intravenous or intramuscular injection drug only. For a 65 lb kid the dose range is 25-100 mg/kg/day divided into 3-4 doses a day. So each dose administered would be between 750-3000mg, depending on the severity of the infection being treated. There is no oral preparation of this available in the United States. Not sure about rest of the world. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What do i need to know about my endoscopy procedure?
- What will my doctor give me for anxiety?
- What can i do to help my husband give me pleasure?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Me and my husband want a baby what do i need to do
- Do i need to give my baby fluoride?
- What do i need to know if i am flying with my baby?
- My sister was diagnosed with bladder cancer what do i need to know
- Talk to a infectious disease specialist online