Doctor insights on:
What Do I Do If My Baby Has Blood In His Stool
Anus has fissures?: In a healthy young baby, anal fissures (little cracks in the skin of the anus) can happen after a forceful pooping (poop need not be firm), or after passing a firm poop. When a fissure happens, there may be streaks or spots of blood on the poop. Because young babies poop often, a fissure may take a while to heal up. The parent should talk with a doctor if blood is seen on the poop day after day. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
My 6 months old baby has blood in his stool, it usually happens once and stops what should I do?...His not breast feeding.
My 3 month old baby is having blood in his stool since one month. There is no other issues.Stool test showing no abnormalities.Re and me test done.?
When is nec usually diagnosed, should I be worried if my baby is constantly fussy and has blood in his stools?
Early: Nec is mostly common in premature infants who are hospitalized in a intensive care nursery. Infants rarely get nec at home. The most common cause for bloody stools in a child at home would be a milk protein allergy and may respond to a change in formula. Always consult with your pediatrician first. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
See ur doctor: The most common cause is hard stools causing a small tear in the anus. If he had a hard stool when u found the blood this is probably the cause. If not, or if it is actually loose, then call your doctor. If associated with fever or abdominal pain/fussiness then it is urgent you see your doc or go to er. ...Read more
What to do to soften baby's stool, she goes to the bathroom but is hard n painful sometimes with strike of blood?
Depends on situation: Young infants often respond to the natural softeners in full strength apple or prune juice, 1-2 oz offered 1-2x daily, but this takes 2-3 days to work & often needs to be continued daily. Older kids need too avoid applesause, rice cereal & bananas that tend to firm stools in any amount extra fluids help as does the above juices.Occasionally I use MiraLAX in infants as a gentil wetting agent. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What should i do if my baby falls down and bumps his head so hard it bleeds?
- What can i do if i am have trouble holding in my stool after giving birth?
- What should i do if my baby hits his head?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What do i do if only one of my eyes has bad eye sight wear contacts in one?
- What should i do if my baby is throwing up blood?
- What should i do if i think my baby has a tick bite?
- What can i do to tell if my baby boy has svt?
- Talk to a pediatrician online