Doctor insights on:
What Do I Do If I Injured My Fractured Ankle 2nd Time
See specialist: See an orthopaedic surgeon so you and your ankle can be evaluated and determine if there is any underlying issue. ...Read more
A fracture is a broken bone. As there is cartilage at the end of many bones at the joint, a fracture may also include a break in the cartilage. Fractures and broken bones are the same thing. It seems that many believe that a "fracture" is a lesser injury or an incomplete break in the bone, but this is not correct. Fractures may be displaced or ...Read more
I have a history of ligament damage and injured my ankle again....This time I have a bone chip fracture...What has to be done to fix this?
Depends on where : Some bone chips are stable within the ligament and can be treatd conservatively, others interfere with normal ankle motion and are best treated surgically. When there is pain with motion or with weight bearing it may need to be removed. Repeated injury to the ankle ligaments can lead to progressively more severe trauma and sometimes to ankle joint injury. Physical therapy can help too. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Apart from X-ray what r obvious signs of fractured ankle/foot it's swollen can walk but painful to swells more wen i do?
Difficult to tell: Clinically, it is difficult to differentiate an ankle fracture from a bad sprain. A rule of thumb generally used is that if you can bear weight or walk, it is less likely you have a fracture. If you have continued pain it is best to see a physician. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Broken ankle is also known as Ankle fracture. Ankle fracture describe a break or fracture of any of the bones of the ankle. This can be caused by falls, trauma, or twisting of the ankle. Patients with ankle fractures experience pain and swelling of the foot, and have difficulty bearing any weight ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What should i do if my ankle cracks a lot?
- What should i do if my ankle hurts i have soccer in a week?
- I got boxer fracture for the 2nd time what can i do to prevent another fracture
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What should i do if my ankle hurts?
- What can i do if my child have cough in night time?
- What should i do if i sprained my ankle?
- What should i do if my toenail fell off due to a fungal nail infection?
- Talk to a podiatrist online for free