Doctor insights on:
What Do I Do For A Puncture Wound Of Lip
Superfast healing: The good news is that area has fantastic blood supply and so healing will occur rapidly. Inflammation (red, hot, tender swelling) is the body increasing the blood flow to the injury to bring healing factors to the area and also the veins expand to carry bad stuff away. Dressings and ointments are of no value there. Avoid further trauma to the area and let nature take it's course. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Lip Puncture Wound: Get it evaluated in an er or urgent care. History and physical are required to assess for deep structure involvement, retention of foreign bodies, possible neurovascular damage, possible radiologic evaluation, updating tetanus status, etc. No other treatment may be required. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Exactly: It means he has an injury that caused a hole in his lip. Usually caused by a sharp pointy object (like a tooth), or something that stabbed him, like a pin or knife. ...Read more
Depends.: Most puncture wounds to the lip will generally heal on their own unless there is a significant tear or laceration that requires suturing. The only "alternative" to suturing is allowing healing to take place similar to a scab if one were to fall and scrape one's knee. It is important to make sure that tetanus is up to date and to look out for signs of infection: redness, swelling and/or pain. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Red +/- scab: It depends on the size and depth of the puncture wound; a small puncture may have some light, thin drainage and a faint red ring around the wound and a small scab over the top. A large puncture needs to heal from the base up. If it covers with a scab too soon, it may become fluctuant (mushy) and develop into an abscess. Deep puncture wounds (greater than 0.5cm) need to be seen by a physician. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What type of doctor do i see for a swollen lip?
- What can i do to get rid of pain and swelling after getting a lip piercing?
- What can i do about a puncture cut on the bottom of my foot?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What can i do for my adhesive capsulitis of shoulder without going to a doctor?
- What can i do to treat puncture wound of the eyelid?
- What can i do for my loss of memory without going to a doctor?
- What kind of surgery do i need for a broken right thumb?
- Talk to a plastic surgeon online for free