Doctor insights on:
What Do Gas Pains Feel Like
Gas pain: Gas pain can be described in a variety of ways. Intestines, where gas pains originate is a muscular organ, so distension of a muscle can feel the way you describe. ...Read more
Gas Pains: Gas may stretch the bowel dramaitically like a balloon about to burst thereby stretching the nerves and causing severe colicky pain until the gas passes to another area.This is one reason that relaxing or conversely rocking may resolve the symptoms. Other stretched tubes may cause similar pain i.e. gallstones or kidney stones. That pain usually lasts longer and often requires medical attention. ...Read more
Pass gas: Assuming the pains are truly gas pains: gas pains can be quite painful. Carminatives help to pass gas. These can include fennel, fenugreek, cinnamon. Hot beverages help stimulate bowel function (even hot water, with or without lemon juice). Chamomile and peppermint help relax gut muscle spasms and may help. Ginger tea can help too. Avoid gassy foods, sugarless candies, bubbly drinks. ...Read more
Abdominal Pain: Abdominal pain can be at the same location everyday. This could represent inflammation in the stomach, intestines or trapped gas pockets in your intestines. I would recommend this to be evaluated by your doctor or a gastroenterologist and get you the appropriate treatment. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What do gas pains feel like during pregnancy?
- Do contractions feel like gas pains?
- What do labour pains feel like?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Do contractions feel like gas?
- Do labor contractions feel like gas?
- What does early labour pains feel like?
- What does gas feel like during pregnancy?
- What do gas pains feel like in pregnancy?