Doctor insights on:
What Do Doctors Check Placenta For
During my 6week check up doctor did the usual pap smear came back high grade. ..Never had an abnormal one before. Is this sometimes normal after birth?
My wife went to the doctor for regular check up as she is pregnant and was told she has 2 placentas but carrying 1 child what does mean ?
Make sure all is out: Retained placental tissue can cause problems such as bleeding and infection. Therefore, OB providers should check every placenta to ensure that it has been delivered intact or all pieces of it have come out of the uterus. Occasionally an OB will need to insert a hand up into the uterus or even scrape with an instrument to remove any remaining tissue. That mainly occurs if a very premature delivery. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Depends!: In any high risk or complicated deliveries, we send the placenta to pathology to look for any reason for the complications. In normal deliveries, the placenta is bundled together with other placentas and cremated. If you want to keep the placenta, you can ask your doctor. It does have to be handled in a special manner though. So let us know before your delivery. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
What do the doctors do with the placenta after delivery is kept, researched, where does it go or is used for?
Studied: It is briefly studied, sometimes microscopically, weighed, then destroyed unless special circumstances exist. ...Read more
How likely is the placenta to move up after 28w? Marginal previa and doctor said that we're still not clear and need it to move 0.73 cm. Fu on 5/22.
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What do doctors check placenta for after birth?
- What kind of doctor do i need to see for genital warts?
- What do doctors do with the placenta after birth?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- If you have a sebaceous cyst what would your doctor do for it
- What can i do for my cut on the eyelid without going to a doctor?
- How do doctors check for swollen spleen?
- What doctor do you see for red veins on your eyelids?
- Talk to a obstetrician and gynecologist online