Doctor insights on:
What Do Colors Indicatenon Ultrasounds
Blood flow: Colors are genertaed during an ultrasound exam by software that detects motion occuring within the ultrasound beam. Standard colors are red and blue designated movement either towards the bam or away from the beam. Asdditional color gradients can indicate velocity and turbulence in the flow. Color in a kidney ultrasound indicates blood flow. ...Read more
I heard ultrasounds at 5 weeks 6 days are really accurate and can't be off by a week is this true? Thanks goodnite
Earlier the better: It is true that the earlier your ultrasound, the more accurate it is. At 5 weeks and 6 days, i would venture to say that the ultrasound is very likely to be accurate within a week. To say that there is no way to be off by more than a week, however, would be stretching it. There is a 95% chance between weeks 7 and 10 that the estimated dates are within 6 days. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Usually 1 or 2: Unless there is a problem in 1st trimester, 1st ultrasound may be a nuchal translucency scan at 11 - 14 wks. This is an early screening test. The primary anatomy survey is done between 18 - 22 wks. If everything is seen well and appears normal, that may be all. If something isn't seen or is abnormal or if new problems develop (e.g., size, fluid) additional us may be required later in pregnancy. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What do the colours mean in an ultrasound?
- What do the yellow colors mean on an echocardiogram?
- What do kidney stones look like on ultrasound?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What do white spots on a ultrasound on a babys stomache mean?
- What do gallstones look like on an ultrasound?
- What do colors mean on sonography?
- What colors mean on a thyroid ultrasound?
- Talk to a radiologist online for free