Doctor insights on:
What Do Colon Polyps Feel Like
Colonic polyps is also known as Colon polyps. Colonic polyps are round growths along the wall of your large bowels. They are a very common finding in the elderly population. However, they are associated with increased risk of colon cancer, especially when an individual has many hundreds of these polyps and/or gets the polyps ...Read more
Yes and No: Removal of colon polyps depend on their size. Smaller polyps with a narrow base can usually be removed easily at the time of colonoscopy. Larger polyps, and those with a broader base cannot be completely removed by colonoscopy at times, and may require colon resection. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Likely high: Depending on the nature of the previous polyps, and other risk factors, polyp recurrence can be almost a certainty over time in young patients. In some people, polyps develop quickly. You should review your risk for polyps with whoever did your last colonoscopy. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
No: You are not.Get a more detailed answer ›
By scope vs. surgery: If your colon polyps are identified colonoscopically, they can be removed piecemeal by cold biopsy, or cauterized by wrapping a snare around the polyp & adding electricity. Even large polyps can be colonoscopically removed in their entirety by emr (endoscopic mucosal resection). Invasive adenomas, dysplastic polyps, & frank malignancies may require surgery (usually laparoscopic). ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What do rectal polyps feel like?
- What do polyps feel like?
- What do cramps associted with colon cancer feel like?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What do nose polyps feel like?
- Why do i wake up with what feels like a hangover?
- What do tender breasts feel like in early pregnancy?
- Sometimes it feels like my heart hurt there are very sharp pains what can i do
- Talk to a gastroenterologist online