Doctor insights on:
What Do Colon Polyps Feel Like
Abnormal gowths : Neoplasia is a general term to describe abnormal growth pattern, cancer-like, unregulated by normal bodily control systems. Some colon polyps are destined to become cancerous, some are not, so all polyps are usually removed when they are found so we can distinguish the difference under the microscope, not by appearance which can fool you. ...Read more
By scope vs. surgery: If your colon polyps are identified colonoscopically, they can be removed piecemeal by cold biopsy, or cauterized by wrapping a snare around the polyp & adding electricity. Even large polyps can be colonoscopically removed in their entirety by emr (endoscopic mucosal resection). Invasive adenomas, dysplastic polyps, & frank malignancies may require surgery (usually laparoscopic). ...Read more
Yes and No: Removal of colon polyps depend on their size. Smaller polyps with a narrow base can usually be removed easily at the time of colonoscopy. Larger polyps, and those with a broader base cannot be completely removed by colonoscopy at times, and may require colon resection. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What do polyps feel like?
- What do colon polyps look like?
- What do rectal polyps feel like?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What does a polyp feel like?
- What do cramps associted with colon cancer feel like?
- What do polyps look like?
- What does a colorectal polyps feel like?
- Talk to a gastroenterologist online