Doctor insights on:
What Do Bumps On Your Tongue Mean
Taste buds\papillae: The tongue normally has taste buds also called papillae. The largest ones are on the back of the tongue. The only way to be 100% sure that it's all normal is to have a dentist actually take a look. ...Read more
Many Possibilities: There are several different causes of bumps under the tongue, as you can image. The most common is called a "mucocele." this can be a cyst, a ruptured or blocked salivary gland, an infection, and so on. You really need to see a dentist or oral surgeon to know for sure...Especially if it doesn't resolve on its own within a few days. ...Read more
I have 6 bumps on my tongue 3 on each side. They don't hurt and are not white. I've just never noticed them before what does this mean?
Normal finding: Those are normal taste buds in a V shape called the circumvallate papillae. ...Read more
Reasons: There are many reasons for clear fluid-containings lesions in the mouth, almost all of them perfectly benign, just annoying. Why don't your ask your Dentist to take a look, provide you with peace of mind, and advise you as to any treatment that may be necessary other than Tincture of Time. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What do white bumps on your tongue mean?
- What do bumps on the back of your tongue mean?
- What does it mean to have bumps on your tongue?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What do bumps on your head mean?
- What do bumps on your penis mean?
- What does bumps on your tongue mean?
- What does a bump on your tongue mean?
- Talk to an otolaryngologist online