Doctor insights on:
What Divides The Upper And Lower Respiratory System
Upper respiratory: structures include the sinuses, nasal passages, throat, pharynx, tonsils and vocal cords. Other than allowing passage of Oxygenated air, it is rich in mucus glands to protect the airway from viruses and microbes, It is also rich in immunologic cells to combat microbes. ...Read more
Interesting !?: Starting from the top: the lips, mouth, throat. trachea, larynx, right and left main stem bronchi, smaller bronchial passages and the tiny alveoli (where oxygen & carbon dioxide are exchanged) and the pulmonary vessels are all part of the respiratory system One of its most remarkable aspects is its ability to make speech and other sounds. There's no other like it in the animal kingdom. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
No: Exercise, especially aerobic activities, increases & improves both cardiology & pulmonary system, rather than wearing them down. In fact, a recent study concluded that better fitness in middle-age was linked to less lung & colon cancer & cancer death later on (http://oncology.jamanetwork.com/article.aspx?articleid=2203829). ...Read more
Get oxygen to blood: Respiration is the process of bringing oxygen into the lungs and exhaling carbon dioxide out of them. Once inside the lungs, the oxygen crosses cell membranes to get into the blood stream. The blood circulates the oxygen to the rest of the body including the brain which cannot function without it. Carbon dioxide is the waste product of well functioning cells and is also carried back by the blood. ...Read more
Many tests: Depending on the symptom, there are several tests to evaluate the respiratory system. A chest xray can be very instructive initially on lung structure. Pulmonary function tests (pft) tests different functional parts of the respiratory system. A chest ct can look more carefully at the tissue, blood vessels, and airways of the lung and chest. Sometimes, cardiopulmonary stress testing is helpful. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What divides the upper respiratory from the lower respiratory?
- What do the circulatory system and the respiratory system have in common?
- What are the parts of the respiratory system and their function?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is the difference between blood pressure in the upper and lower extremities?
- What are some some ways to keep the respiratory system healthy and clean?
- What do the circulatory and respiratory system have in common?
- What are some diseases and disorders of the respiratory system?
- Talk to a pulmonologist online for free