Doctor insights on:
What Diseases Or Disorders Affect The Brain
Any dementing: Dementia caused by any condition could affect organization and efficiency. Includes head injury, Alzheimer's, Parkinsonian dementia, multiple strokes, brain infections, metabolic issues such as low blood sugar, thyroid, vitamin deficiencies, and milder, a sleep disorder, medication reactions, recreational drugs. ...Read more
Yes-it's complicated: Lyme is a complex illness. Lyme often causes liver inflammation (hepatitis) which can affect how the liver metabolizes medications ; herbs. Lyme also causes encephalopathy (brain dysfunction) related to infection, inflammation ; microbial toxins and an inflamed brain will likely react to medicines/herbs differently than a healthy brain. ...Read more
The substantia nigra: Parkinson's disease destroys the dopaminergic neurons that live in a part of the midbrain called the substantia nigra (dark substance). The loss of Dopamine causes the basal ganglia to malfunction and this causes the slowness, tremor and dementia. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
What symptoms are different in schizophrenia and schizoaffective disorder? Is one a disease of the brain, other disorder?
Both brain disease: Both of these illnesses are "brain diseases, " and both have psychotic symptoms such as delusions, paranoia, hallucinations, thought disorder, etc. Schizoaffective patients also have mood dysregulation, but pure schizophrenics don't. Treatment for schizophrenia may be antipsychotics alone; schizoaffective people also need mood stabilizing agents. They may deal with mania & depression, + psychosis. ...Read more
Are unintentional "spoonerisms" a sign of brain disease, neurological deficit, or disorder? I have add, could that be my cause?
ADD...: ...Is the most likely cause: trying to talk faster than your mind can assemble the words. ...Read more
What type of diseases does a negative brain MRI detect? Does it eliminate a lot of neurological disorders?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What diseases and disorders affect the heart?
- Which diseases or disorders affect the kidneys
- What is the life expectancy of someone with heart disease or condition?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What diseases and conditions cause the eyes to see flashing or pulsating lights?
- How does alzheimer's disease affect the brain tissue?
- What parts of the endocrine system does paget's disease affect?
- What parts of the brain does autism affect?
- Talk to a neurologist online