Doctor insights on:
What Diseases Can You Catch From Kissing
Several diseases: Most well known is viral mononucleosis (kissing disease) another virus cytomegalovirus (cmv).Other microbes also spread through saliva and stick to surfaces of the cheeks and mouth, the tongue, or teeth. Bacterium streptococcus, which can cause an array of infections, including gum disease and strep throat;hpv(human papilloma virus) also transmitted by oral sex. ...Read more
Multiple: There are multiple viruses and bacteria too numerous to mention. For example, the common cold can be acquired through contact with an infected person, the transfer of salive via 'french kissing' could theoretically tranfer hiv, or hepatitis viruses, etc. Just use common sense and avoid close contact with people who are ill. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Just for reference, you can't contract a disease by kissing, right? May you please help me? Thanks very much.
Well, you can!: many viruses are transmitted through close contact, and kissing certainly includes close contact. Open mouth kissing increases the risk dramatically. In fact "Mono" has been often referred to as the 'kissing' disease. You still can not get pregnant from kissing though. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can you catch hepatitis b from kissing?
- Can you catch std from kissing?
- Can you catch genital herpes from kissing?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can you catch shingles from kissing?
- What diseases can you get from kissing?
- What diseases can you catch from saliva?
- Can you catch aids by kissing?
- Can you catch hiv from french kissing?