Doctor insights on:
What Difference Is There Between Nasonex
Nasonex (mometasone furoate) is a steroid that you spray in the nose. We prescribe it for allergies, allergic rhinitis, stuffy nose, sinusitis and nasal polyps. While this type of steroid won't bulk you up and give you big muscles, it can give some people a nosebleed. It's a category c medicine, but many doctors do ...Read more
One vs. two: Nasonex is a nasal steroid spray only, while Dymista is a combination of fluticasone (steroid) + azelastine (antihistamine). For a little more information, please read my blog at: http://www.Familyallergyasthmacare.Com/2013/03/if-one-is-good-2-are-better-a-new-nasal-spray-containing-2-medications/. ...Read more
Big difference: Nasonex is a topical nasal steroid called mometasone. It is very effective for nasal allergies and approved down to age 2 years old. It's administered once a day. Patanase is a nasal antihistamine approved for children 6 years old and older. Patanase is not a steroid. It is administered twice a day. They both work well. ...Read more
Nasonex vs saline : Saline nasal spray is a non-prescription preparation that is useful to reduce nasal congestion and thin mucus. Nasonex is a prescription nasal anti-inflammatory (steroid) spray use alone or in combination with other nasal sprays or oral medication to treat conditions like seasonal and year-round allergies and vasomotor rhinitis. ...Read more
What is the different between nasonex, patanase, and ipratropium nasal sprays? Can / Should they all be taken together?
What are the long term effects of being on nasonex and allergy meds (switch between different ones... Zyrtec, allegra, claratin) it's been many years?
Not to worry : There are no significant reported long term adverse effects of nasal steroids in studies. Direct , local effects are more common like irritation in the nose, crustiness, nosebleeds. You just take a short break from the rx for these. There are no major reported concerns about long term use of antihistamines.- zyrtec, claritin, allegra, etc. ...Read more
- What difference is there between nasonex and flonase?
- What is the difference between nasonex and fluticasone?
- What difference is there between flonase and veramyst?
- What difference is there between a cva and a tia?
- What is the difference between flonase and nasonex?
- What is the difference between scabies and mange?
- What is the difference between tuberculosis and pneumonia?
- What is the difference between zyrtec and xyzal?
- What is the biological difference between vaginal bleeding and your period?
- What is the difference in between a hemorrhoid and a polyp?