Doctor insights on:
What Degree Do You Need To Be An Occupational Therapist
Occupational therapi: It is like any other medical profession where you come in contact with many different patients and design specific therapies for each one of them and help improve their life and get paid as well.It can be very satisfying and other times it can be frustrating as well. ...Read more
OT: An ot helps people of all ages to improve their ability to perform tasks in their daily living & working environments. They help people with disabilities to improve their skills, such as motor functions & reasoning skills. Examples are using computers, cooking, dressing, eating, muscle strength, visual acuity, problem solving, etc. ...Read more
See below: Ot do a lot of different things. They help people regain independence with things like dressing, bathing, toileting, showering etc after illness and other disabling conditions like strokes, head and spinal cord injuries. They also help people with who have problems with their hands like rheumatoid arthritis or who have had amputations of parts of the upper extremities. ...Read more
Medication prescribe: Typically licensed practitioners who are able to prescribe medications if they are not physicians (M.Ds, D.Os, dentists, podiatrists etc, ) are either licensed practical nurses or physician assistants. This varies depending on your jurisdiction, some requiring or not physician supervision typically from mds or dos. I have never heard of occupational or physical therapist prescribing medications. ...Read more
A good therapist: A therapist that concentrates on upper extremity dysfunction and from occupational, sports, trauma, post surgical are able to supervise physical therapy and restore function in a safe manner also with spinal cord injury and stroke patients help with adaptive aids , exercise programs and restoration of function and family training for continuation after discharge. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What degree do you need to become an occupational therapist?
- What degree do you need to be a professional gymnast?
- Do sleep apnea patients need occupational therapists?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What do occupational therapists do for children with cerebral palsy?
- What's an occupational therapist
- What degrees do i need to become a doctor?
- How long do occupational therapists go to school?
- Talk to a occupational medicine specialist online for free