Doctor insights on:
What Danger Signs Should I Look For After Gallbladder Surgery
After Gallbladder surgery I noticed a big red circle after surgery near incision, is it a sign of infection?
Redness: The question is whether this circle is a rash,irritation or skin/wound infection. The latter would have associated warmth,spreading redness,possible purulent discharge and possible tenderness. If it's simply a rash, apply a cortisone type ointment. If in doubt, have your surgeon examine you. ...Read more
Severe pain: If something went wrong during the procedure your surgeon would have alerted you. If you think something has started going wrong since you got home look for severe or worsening pain, fever, chills, vomiting, pus coming from the little laproscope wounds. It is always OK to go back to the surgeon for a quick post-operative recheck to be sure all is well. ...Read more
Post op expectations: After surgery, open or laparoscopic, there will be some degree of adynamic ileum. This is a condition where the gut motility slows down, due to surgical irritation and pain medicine. Don't fret, your post op bloating will soon resolve, and you'll be back to your old self very soon. If not, you're surgical team will discuss this on your post op visit. Good luck. ...Read more
Seven months after may gallbladder surgery I am getting pain where the gallbladder used to be. Can you tell me about it?
Possible adhesion: most abdominal pain is visceral in origin, where swelling or twisting of intestine causes this symptom. Post GB, a surgical bed may not have healed before adhesions developed which could then cause, twisting and partial GI blockage. A CAT scan should reveal if this surgical site is the cause of the symptoms or it is due to another factor. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What warning sign should i look out for after gallbladder surgery?
- What are the danger signs to look for after parathyroid removal surgery?
- What are the warning signs i should look for if i have a copper iud?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are the warning signs i should look for during the last weeks of pregnancy?
- What are some early pregnancy signs i should look out for?
- What should i look for in a product to restore hair after baldness?
- Recovering from gallbladder surgery
- Talk to a hepatologist online for free