Doctor insights on:
What Danger Signs Should I Look For After Gallbladder Surgery
Severe pain: If something went wrong during the procedure your surgeon would have alerted you. If you think something has started going wrong since you got home look for severe or worsening pain, fever, chills, vomiting, pus coming from the little laproscope wounds. It is always OK to go back to the surgeon for a quick post-operative recheck to be sure all is well. ...Read more
The gallbladder is a sac-like structure located under the right lobe of the liver. It is attached to the common bile duct via the cystic duct. The gallbladder can store bile when the bile is not needed, and can squeeze bile into the bile duct and intestine for digestion when a person eats larger ...Read more
After Gallbladder surgery I noticed a big red circle after surgery near incision, is it a sign of infection?
Redness: The question is whether this circle is a rash,irritation or skin/wound infection. The latter would have associated warmth,spreading redness,possible purulent discharge and possible tenderness. If it's simply a rash, apply a cortisone type ointment. If in doubt, have your surgeon examine you. ...Read more
Can try diet: If symptomatic healthy foods for your gallbladder, as well as the rest of your body:fresh fruits and vegetables, whole grains (whole-wheat bread, brown rice, oats, bran cereal)lean meat, poultry, and fish, low-fat dairy products. Majority of patients with gallstones do not have symptoms. Overweight state can lead to gall stone formation. Loss of weight helps reduce gall stone formation. ...Read more
Trial and error diet: While many patients have no GI symptoms after cholecystectomy (gallbladder removal), some patients may note changes in bowel habits with more frequent stools and irritation. Some patients may have alterations in dietary tolerance, which may change over time. This cannot be predicted prior to cholecystectomy and trial and error of diet is normal. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What warning sign should i look out for after gallbladder surgery?
- Recovering from gallbladder surgery
- What are the danger signs to look for after parathyroid removal surgery?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long should i have pain after gallbladder surgery?
- How long should i be sore after gallbladder surgery?
- Are there any warning signs i should look for after 8 months of pregnancy?
- What foods should you not eat after gallbladder surgery?
- Talk to a hepatologist online for free