Doctor insights on:
What Damage Can Chewing Tabacco Cause
Cavity: Cavities form when bacteria convert the sugars that you eat into acids, and the acids damage the hard outer covering of a tooth (enamel) allowing bacteria to enter and infect the tooth. To reduce the risk of cavities clean your teeth thoroughly (including between your teeth where a toothbrush can't reach), use a fluoridated toothpaste, reduce sugar/starch intake, and see your dentist regularly. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Movable disc: There is a disc in the temporomandibular joint (TMJ) that separates the lower jaw from the socket in the skull. If the disc or its ligaments are injured or stretched, the disc can 'pop' out of position during opening or closing or chewing. This makes a 'clicking' sound when it occurs. This is a temporomandibular joint disorder (tmj). A dentist can evaluate this problem and possibly correct it. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Unlikely: UnlikelyGet a more detailed answer ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can chewing gum cause constipation?
- Can chewing tobacco cause cancer?
- Can chewing gum cause cancer?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What can cause vagus nerve damage and the gastroparesis?
- What are the causes of children chewing on cribs?
- Can salbutamol cause damage?
- Can chewing on ice chips cause anemia?
- Can chewing tobacco cause lung cancer or damage?