Doctor insights on:
What Damage Can A Pituitary Tumor Cause
"tumor" literally translates as "mass", so even a fresh bruise could be called a "tumor". Doctors use the term "neoplasm" (tranlates literally as new growth) to describe tumors that are abnormal growths of cells. These may be benign or malignant; "malignant" = cancer. In everyday usage, we use "tumor" ...Read more
Yes : Hormonal imbalances can do just that. Talk to your endocrinologist. ...Read more
Would a pituitary tumor cause hormonal harm to a woman's body where she ends up needing a hysterectomy?
No, and yes: Pituitary tumors ordinarily won't interfere with a hysterectomy, unless dangerously large and need to be addressed first. So no, it won't cause harm with reference to the hysterectomy. However pituitary tumors can cause significant problems with vision, headaches, abnormal hormone levels, etc. This is a serious but separate problem. Seek consults from neurosurgery and endocrinology. ...Read more
Does a pituitary tumor cause lightheadedness, headache and blurry vision and increased floaters? What are the symptoms?
Could a pituitary tumor cause temporary one sided facial drooping without paralysis? Low TSH (normal T3 (liothyronine) & T4) Low ACTH. Waiting on more test results.
Unknown.: There are malignant and non-malignant pituitary tumors, some that produce hormones, some that don't. Some cause problems because of their size and relationship to the optic chiasm and can cause visual problems and headaches. Causes of pituitary tumors are unknown. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can pituitary tumors cause cataracts?
- What are symptoms of a tumor on the pituitary?
- Can patients with a pituitary tumor exercise?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What happens untreated pituitary tumor?
- Can you donate blood with a pituitary tumor?
- Can you get pregnant if you have a pituitary tumor?
- Do pituitary tumors cause mood swings?
- Talk to a oncologist online for free