Doctor insights on:
What Creams Are Good For Decreasing The Appearance Of Stretch Marks
Stretch marks: There is no known cream to effectively decrease stretch marks. You may hear anecdotal reports that one works well than the other. Coco butter, Alpha lipoic acid, ascorbic acid, resveratrol and some proanthocyanidins are some products known to affect skin integrity. Laser therapy may help. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Stretch marks: Not really. Stretch marks are torn elastic fibers in the skin followed by inflammation. Some people feel tha mederma for stretch marks may help. Time alone with improve them and the pulsed dye laser can be used to speed up improvement of the redness. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Stretch Marks: Laser therapies use intense wavelengths of light to stimulate the growth of collagen, elastin or melanin production in your skin. Your doctor can help you determine which type of laser technology is appropriate for you, depending on the age and location of your stretch marks and your skin color. ...Read more
I wish...: ...That any of the myriad of creams advertised for treatment of stretch marks actually worked, but they don't. There is some anecdotal evidence that Retin-A cream might work for some people. Keep in mind that collagen grows very slowly, so any treatment will take a year or more to see measurable improvement. One type of laser may work on purple stretch marks, but that gets expensive. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What is a good stretch mark cream to use while breast feeding?
- What can i do during pregnancy to remove the appearance of stretch marks?
- Creams to remove stretch marks
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Recommended stretch mark cream
- Is evion cream for stretch marks?
- Stretch mark treatment creams
- Creams for old stretch marks
- Talk to a dermatologist online