Doctor insights on:
What Could You Do About A Fractured Arm Covered In Gypsum Plaster That Smells
A fracture is a broken bone. As there is cartilage at the end of many bones at the joint, a fracture may also include a break in the cartilage. Fractures and broken bones are the same thing. It seems that many believe that a "fracture" is a lesser injury or an incomplete break in the bone, but this is not correct. Fractures may be displaced or ...Read more
Not usually.: If your daughter broke her arm and was treated with a cast, usually the arm is not painful when the cast is removed. Casts are usually left on for about 5 weeks. If she did not have the cast on for 5 weeks, she might still be painful. I would recommend returning to the physician who removed the cast as she may need to have the cast put back on. ...Read more
Tingling finger: If this is a new finding since treatment, you should speak with your surgeon immediately. If this occurred some time ago, namely at the same time as injury, your surgeon will be able to give you a timeframe for recovery. Elevation for swelling, proper nutrition, and patience will likely be important. ...Read more
Stronger: Actually it is believed that where a bone heals will actually be stronger, due to laying down of new bone material. ...Read more
An arm fracture typically refers to a fracture of the bone in the upper arm, the humerus or of the bones in the forearm, the radius and/or the ulna. Fractures in the hand and wrist are usually not called "arm fractures". While many of these fractures are treated non-surgically in children, many of these fractures, particularly those in the forearm, ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What can you do to stop itching in the hand if you have a fracture?
- What could it be if you a pain in right arm with limited movement?
- What could you do if you have a muscle strain in your back?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What could cause a pinging sound in my head that feels like an elastic band?
- What could cause a tingling in the fingers of my left hand that wont go away?
- What do you do if you find a little lump on your penis could it be a little cyst?
- What can i do about a small cavity in my tooth besides drill and fill?
- Talk to a orthopedic surgeon online for free