Doctor insights on:
What Could It Be Besides Ringworm
What does a ringworm rash look like when its healing and what could be the best treatment besides lotriman?
Trichophyton is one of the common types of fungus that can infect the skin, called a "dermatophyte". It can cause ringworm of the skin (such as athlete's foot or jock itch) or of the scalp. It is usually diagnosed with a scraping of the skin and can be treated with topical medications if on the skin, or oral medicines if involving ...Read more
I got bit by a bug 3 weeks ago and the bite is still there. It almost looks like ringworm but it doesn't itch or spread. What could it be?
Maybe a tick bite: If this is the case, you may be experiencing what is called an "erythema migrans". I recommend seeing your doctor or else get referred to either a dermatologist or an ID specialist. Depending on the geographic location, the rash may represent certain tick borne infections such as Lyme Disease, Anaplasmosis, Human Granulocytic Erlichiosis, Human Monocytic Erlichiosis and several others. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Infection: Secondarily infected. Please see physician for culture and antibiotics. ...Read more
They are similar: There are several available--lamisil, lotrimin, tinactin etc..Are similar in efficacy. You don't really need strong, just have to be the right medicine. The strength available are appropropriate/adequate to treat commom skin fungal/ringworm infections (not beard/scalp areas). If not better in about 2 wks, consult doc for proper diagnosis/treatment. Good luck. ...Read more
Safeguard: Healthtap Doctors are asked not to endorse specific brands or product lines. ...Read more
Can't visualize: This can't be diagnosed with the information that is available. A history, physical examination & other studies may be needed to determine cause/causes. ...Read more
Could you tell me what's the best way to get rid of ringworm without going out and buying medications?
Topical antifungals: You have to go out and buy something. It won't go away on its own. Apply a topical antifungal treatment that you can buy over the counter to the involved skin several times a day until 1 week after the rash has resolved. You can use the same treatments that are used for athlete's foot. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- I have a lump in the back of my throat on the left side what could it be
- So my boyfriend has this big bump its hard what is it could it be a cist
- I constantly feel like i have phlegm in my throat what could it be a symptom of
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- I woke up this morning and now my eye is swollen what could it be
- My husband has been coughing up phlegm that looks like worms what could it be
- During sex my cervix hurts and i have abdominal pain very bad what could it be
- I have pain at my collar bone and breast plate what could it be
- Talk to a dermatologist online