Doctor insights on:
What Could I Do To Help My Elbow Fracture Heal
A fracture is a broken bone. As there is cartilage at the end of many bones at the joint, a fracture may also include a break in the cartilage. Fractures and broken bones are the same thing. It seems that many believe that a "fracture" is a lesser injury or an incomplete break in the bone, but this is not correct. Fractures may be displaced or ...Read more
4-6 weeks: At best. 6-8 weeks generally.Get a more detailed answer ›
My daughter is 4 years old. she got an elbow fracture along with median and ulnar nerve compression. Will this heal?
Possibly: The fracture will likely heal if properly tended.Nerve compressions heel better than cut nerves.If nerve sheaths haven't been severed, the nerves have a chance of regrowing properly following the tract that remains.If the nerves were severed & the tracts disrupted, the nerves may not regrow properly.Regardless, as long as a neuroma doesn't form,a brain can sometimes rewire to allow proper function ...Read more
It depends: Return to work after an elbow injury depends on the type of work that is done the severity of the injury and the type of treatment was rendered. In some cases to me use of the elbow is acceptable. But in more severe cases especially if surgery was used for treatment, a long period of time maybe needed for recovery. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Several things: Problems like these can only be correctly handled by your doctor in person. He/she needs to listen to you, perform an examination and possibly run labs or other tests. That's the only way he/she can find out what's going on and what to do about it. ...Read more
Broken bone is also known as Fracture. A bone fracture is a condition in which there is a break in the bone. It can be caused by a high force injury or it may result from a previous medical condition that involves weakening of the bone. Common symptoms include severe pain, swelling of the surrounding ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What could i do to help my hand fracture heal?
- What could i do to help my broken leg heal faster?
- I have tendonitis in my elbow what could i do to help the pain
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- I suffered a corneal abrasion what can i do to help my eye heal quickly
- What could i do to help my parent who is depressed due to a broken hip?
- Is there anything i can do to help heal my broken foot faster?
- Can i do anything to help my wound heal faster?
- Talk to a orthopedic surgeon online for free