Doctor insights on:
What Could I Be Allergic To In Pool Water
Chlorine contact : Chlorinated water is very irritating and causes a lot of trouble for serious swimmers. Lots of swimmers get an irritant rhinitis/sinusitis and end up with frequent sinus infections. It's very drying and irritating to skin and numerous people also find they get rashes from frequent contact with pool water, or their eczema gets worse. Changing to a salt water pool can help somewhat. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Water temperature?: Allergic reactions to water are very unusual. Cold water could trigger cold urticaria (hives) while hot water could trigger cholinergic hives. There is a very rare physical type of hives called "aquagenic urticaria" where just plain tap water regardless of temperature or salinity (salt vs. Fresh) on the skin can cause hives. ...Read more
Last saturday i start havin horrible runny nose, cough, sore throat all of a sudden. We have mold/mildew from leaky water. Could i be allergic to mold?
Hives?: There is a puzzling condition called aquagenic urticaria that affects the skin causing one to break out in hives when in contact with water. Certain illnesses have been associated with this condition. Usually antihistamines are effective. If symptoms are severe or internal like anaphylaxis then it may be wise to carry an epinephrine autoinjector. An evaluation by an Allergist would be helpful. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What could i be allergic to if i get a rash on my arms only?
- What could i be allergic to if itching after general anesthesia and on pain med?
- Could i be allergic to fluorescent lighting
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Could i have caught prostatitis from swimming in a public pool
- Why could i get a rash after swimming in a public pool?
- I always have blocked nose after swimming am i allergic to the pool
- Could i be allergic to my titanium implant
- Talk to an allergist and immunologist online for free