Doctor insights on:
What Could Cause Sudden Chest Pain
Chest pain: Many possible causes for what you describe, no way to advise particulars with the limited information here. Should go see your doctor to find out if something is wrong and what to do. ...Read more
When does it occur?: Could be many things, depends on the character, timing and what brings it on. Could be lung inflammation, rib or chest wall muscle pain, shingles, your stomach, liver, pancreas or your gall bladder. It might even be your heart if it occurs with exertion and goes away with rest (dextrocardia?). You need to have it checked by your doctor. ...Read more
Multiple reasons: More information is needed to answer that question. However, it could be muscle-skeletal, nerve irritation or inflammation over layer around lung or heart. Unlikely to be heart disease but I would recommend you to visit a physician if it does not get better. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What could cause sudden sharp chest pain that lasts a few seconds?
- What could be the cause of sudden joint pain in the feet?
- What could be the cause of chest pain?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What could be causing my chest pain?
- What could cause constant chest pain?
- What could potentially cause sudden joint pain and swelling?
- What could cause sudden joint pain and swelling in my hands?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free