Doctor insights on:
What Could Cause Stopped Up Sinuses And Clogged Ears With No Mucus
Sinus/ear congestion: Congestion of the sinuses and ears is due to inflammation of the respiratory lining in the nose and around the eustachian tube. The inflammation can be due to allergy, viral or bacterial infection or irritation from smoke, fumes or dust. Start with saline rinses and allergy control if allergies are an issue. See your primary doctor or ear nose and throat specialist for specific care. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Sinuses are air filled spaces in the head that have several proposed functions: 1. They serve as shock absorbers in cases of head trauma 2. Lighten the skull 3. Humidify and filter the air while also producing mucus 4. Play a role in vocal resonance. The head contains 4 paired sinus cavities: maxillaries (cheek) under the eyes, ethmoids(between the eyes), frontals (above ...Read more
What is it? sore throat and loss of voice two weeks ago, that cleared up and now deep cough with clogged ears and orange mucus in nose for a week.???
URTI: It could be due to upper respiratory viral syndrome(urti). It usually gets better in 3-5 days, but if this persists you may need to see a doctor. ...Read more
Another question ear feels clogged maybe hurts. When I use that technique with air to clogg ear it almost causes it to get stuck I used ear drops?
Safe, but painful..: I wouldn't necessarily cancel a flight if you have a cold, but because of the pressure change, you might have some pain in the ear. I recommend to my patients taking some sudafed and Ibuprofen about an hour before the flight, and if it's a long flight, also about an hour before landing. If the pain gets really bad, have a doc check it out after a day or two. Happy flying! ...Read more
Allergies Clog Ears: Allergies are a very common cause of clogged ears. The pressure behind the eardrums is kept normal by a tube that goes from the middle ear to the back of the nose. Allergies cause swelling in the back of the nose, swelling the opening to that tube closed, causing the ear pressure. ...Read more
Like material that functions to moisten and protect inner body surfaces. The viscous slippery substance that consists chiefly of mucin, water, cells, and inorganic salts and that is secreted as a protective lubricant coating by the cells and glands of the mucous membranes. The free slime of the mucous membranes, composed of secretion of the glands, various salts, ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What could be causing my ear to swell up and be warm to touch?
- What causes post nasal drip and occasional sharp ear pain with ringing in ears?
- I have knots on the back neck and two behind my ears what could be causing these
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Sudden left ear deafness with dizziness since yesterday what could cause it
- What is a likely cause of a 2 week old with projectile vomiting and no fever?
- What conditions could cause a sudden weight gain with no changes in diet?
- I wake up with extreme headaches and really dizzy what could it be
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free