Doctor insights on:
What Could Cause Chronic Lower Back Stiffness Symptoms In An 18 Year Old Female
Back still: Rheumatologis may be able to help you. ...Read more
Still: Many causes. You may need to see a neurologist or neuromuscular specialist. ...Read more
I've had a herniated disc (l5 s1) for over a year. Pt helped with sciatica but nothing has fixed the lower back stiffness/pain. What are my options?
Spine Injury: This chronic pain in the distribution as you suggested is the result of an irritated nerve or facet joints or other injury typically in the lumbar spine (low back) which are caused by herniated disks, spinal stenosis or degenerative disc disease, etc requiring further evaluation by a pain/spine specialist. You may be a candidate for epidural steroid injections for relief. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
A few things: Sometimes it is related to a sedentary life style with lack of exercise. It can also be a sign of degenerative discs creating an issue. Sometimes, it can be related to the onset of some other issues like ankylosing spondolytis or due to a minor sprain. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Depends on the pain: It depends on how severe the pain is and it's duration. If it is just an ache and short lived and does not stop you, it is ok. Otherwise, try cross training if only doing one type of a exercise and incorporate stretchiing and core muscular workouts as well. Sometimes, otc medication prior to working out or biking may help. If this persists at a level that limits you, then seek evaluation ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I am experiencing lower back stiffness it's painful when I get up from the chair. What can I do myself?
Exercise: You appear to be describing spinal arthritis (spondylosis). I would recommend that you see your pcp for an evaluation to establish the correct diagnosis. If it is spondylosis, then exercises to increase your core and back muscle are essential. Use of an otc or prescription NSAID may also be beneficial. Patches for analgesia, a tens unit, pilates, and yoga exercises may provide relief. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Causes of an iron deficiency in a 1-year-old
- What could cause articular cartilages in the knees hips and lower back to flake?
- What can i do for patellofemoral syndrome in an 18 year old?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What could cause lower back pain and missed period?
- What could be causing pain in my ribs on right side towards my back?
- What could cause a pinging sound in my head that feels like an elastic band?
- What are the common causes of joint pain in a 25 year old patient?
- Talk to a pediatrician online