Doctor insights on:
What Could A Spot On The Lung Be
Deoxygenated blood enters the lungs from the right side of the heart and travels to the lungs. When you inspire, oxygen flows into the lungs, transverses the capilliares and attaches to hemoglobin down a gradient. At the same time, co2 diffuses into the capilaries and is expelled with exhalation. Oxygen rich blood then flows to the left side of the heart and into the ...Read more
When the doctor went in to take out fluids from the lung the fluid also had blood can it be lung cancer? They also said that there were spots on lungs
Several causes: There are several causes for presence of blood in pleural fluid, cancer being one of them. The procedure itself can sometimes cause slight bleeding which can show up in the fluid. Your doctor will do additional testing (ct scans, biopsy, pleural fluid analysis for cancer cells etc.) depending on the clinical picture to confirm the diagnosis. Talk to you doctor about this. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I have a 5.2cm bullae in upper right lung. Keep getting mild pain in lower right ribs, could this be due to the pressure in the lung.
It may.: Possibly, depending upon the density.Get a more detailed answer ›
Could it help you live longer if you stay on prednisone if you have idiopathic fibrosis of the lung?
Pulmonary fibrosis: To date, there has been no study published citing mortality benefit with the use of prednisone(or any type of steroids) in idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis(ipf). That being said, some patients with ipf feel that respiratory symptoms are better with steroids, so we occasionally prescribe them chronically. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I have transient sharp pain high in my stomach ( just under the lung area), along with a slight feeling of bloating. What could be the cause?
Abdominal pain.: This could be a number of different causes. It could relate to acid reflux/peptic ulcer disease, gallbladder dysfunction, dyspepsia, constipation, h. Pylori infection, or just functional disorder. If symptoms persist and worsened, suggest to discuss more in details in a local physician. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- I have a tender spot on the back of my head what could be the cause
- I have a numb spot on my left side of my back what could be the cause
- I have a lump in the back of my throat on the left side what could it be
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- I feel a little pressure on my chest right where the heart is what could that be
- Could a white spot on the side of my tongue be a cancer
- Got a lump on the middle of my penis and there is no pain what could it be
- What could be the cause of a black spot in my vision when i blink?
- Talk to a pulmonologist online for free