Doctor insights on:
What Cough Medicine To Take While Breastfeeding
Breastfeeding is providing nutrition to an infant using breat milk either directly by infant latching and sucking on the nipple or by feeding via bottle with expressed breast milk (when baby has difficulty suckling). Breast milk is the best milk for any baby but ...Read more
A few ideas for you: You can take a product with dextromethorphan if you need to, but don't ignore simple remedies like a couple teaspoon of honey, throat lozenges. If your cough is quite bad, you have fever or chest pain, or if you have any difficulty breathing, you should see your doctor. ...Read more
I've got a headache, sore throat, runny nose&cough and breastfeeding is there any over-the-counter medicine that is safe to take & which aren't.?
Breast feeding cold: For the headache, tylenol is perfectly safe to take. For the runny nose you can safely use either brompheniramine (an antihistamine) or an over-the-counter nasal spray like afrin or neosynephrine. The only caution with the nose sprays is not to use them for more than 3 days. ...Read more
I've been having this cough medicine but just noticed it says not to take if on anti-depressants..what could happen?
Yes: as long as you don't take more than the recommended doses of each. The two medicines do not interact. Hope this helps! ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What to take for a sore throat while breastfeeding?
- What kind of diarrhea medicine can i take while breastfeeding?
- What to take for upset stomach while breastfeeding?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can i take cough medicine while breastfeeding?
- What is the best medicine to take for lower abdominal pains while on my period?
- What is the best way to take care of my nipples while breastfeeding?
- What is the best medicine to take for tummy cramps while i am on my period?
- Talk to a pediatrician online