Doctor insights on:
What Common Drugs Are Not Safe With Porphyria
Her are the symptoms: Yes her are the other symptoms insomnia anxiety or restlessness severe abdominal pain constipation vomiting diarrhea pain in your arms, legs or back muscle pain, tingling, numbness, weakness or paralysis dehydration excessive sweating seizures confusion hallucinations disorientation paranoia red urine high blood pressure. ...Read more
The porphyrias are metabolic disorders caused by abnormalities in the synthesis of heme, the portion of hemoglobin which carries the iron inside red blood cells. The manifestations of porphyria vary considerably depending on the mutation involved, ranging from light sensitivity to liver failure to nerve damage to bouts of terrible pain. Special testing is required to ...Read more
Inherited: Typically inherited problem in the breakdown of red blood cells, in particular heme. The abdominal pain and crises can be set off by medications, alcohol, or low calorie diets. Medications that cause include but are not limited to barbiturates, anticonvulsants, estrogens, oral contraceptives, or even supplements (chromium for example). ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Depends on the type: There are 8 different kinds of porphyria. Depending on the type of porphyria, an attack can be precipitated by sunlight exposure, alcohol, inadequate diet, carbohydrate restriction, certain drugs or chemicals, hormonal changes & stress. Often a combination of triggers can precipate an attack. For more info, see the porphyria foundation's website: http://www.Porphyriafoundation.Com/about-porphyria. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Possibly: Porphyria symptoms can include depression, confusion, hallucinations & delusions. These symptoms are most likely to occur during an acute attack. Other symptoms that one may experience during an attack could also affect thinking & memory. For examply, nausea & pain may decrease one's ability to concentrate, thereby affecting memory & attention span. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What drugs are not safe with levitra?
- What foods or drugs are not compatible with grapefruit?
- What foods are you not allowed to eat when taking doxycycline with meals?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is senokot safe for pregnancy if not what are my alternatives?
- What are some common ways a teenager can go blind but not instintly?
- What are some of the common podiatry problems associated with laxity?
- What are the most common causes of sepsis in people that do not have a spleen?
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free