Doctor insights on:
What Comes Out When You Have A Colonoscopy
Colonoscopy: The procedure is generally safe but should discuss with your doc who has more knowledge of your exact situation. ...Read more
I had a colonoscopy today and I don't feel pain but they used suction to clean me out and everytime i think about it comes back the pain but not real ?
All Pain=Perceptions: All sensations are interpreted within our brain. In body there are only afferent (outbound) & efferent (inbound) 1/1,000 second depolarizations on various nerve axons. Most embryologic development of body is driven by afferent+efferent orders from brain+spinal cord. So who is always "the expert" on all sensations? The person who perceives them, regardless how accurate or distorted the perceptions. ...Read more
Look inside colon: You are sedated (very sleepy, but still breathing on your own). The endoscopist places an instrument through your anus and then passes it into the colon to carefully exam the colon for polyps, cancer, etc. If any abnormalities are found a biopsy may be done. Typically, it is painless - the only bother is cleaning out your bowels beforehand and even that's not so bad. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What happens when you have diarrhea and blood comes out?
- White stuff comes out when i have a bowel motion what is it
- What does it mean when you pee and it hurts and blood comes out?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- When you poop and blood comes out
- Why does blood comes out when having intercourse for first time?
- What to expect when having a colonoscopy?
- What does the mucus plug look like when it comes out?
- Talk to a colorectal surgeon online for free