Doctor insights on:
What Cold Medicine Can I Give My 2 Month Old Baby
Avoid in infants: Cold meds we use as adults or with older kids reduce drainage by using meds that dry & thicken the drainage.Babies are dependent on narrow nasal passages that will block with thickened drainage. Your best rx for infants is to use generous amounts of saline nose wash and occasional suction to keep their nasal passages clear. Clean it as often as needed & avoid all the stuff for old kids. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Is there anything u can give a 2 1/2 month old baby who has a fever, or is she to young to take medicine?
Consider evauation: If your 10wk old has fever > 100.4, tylenol could be uses for comfort. If <100.4, most don't consider it fever & attention to other signs/behaviors become important to decide what to do. If baby is feeding well, has a responsive smile & continues his/her normal routine then home monitoring is fine. If true fever, consider a doc visit before the weekend when you can see babies regular doc. ...Read more
I have 2 month old baby.I feeding baby now.Now baby have cold can't breath.I also have cold.What medicine i hav to take and how to solve this.
Stuffy nose: Your baby has a stuffy nose making it difficult for him to feed. Before feeding take a bulb syringe and suck out as much mucus as you can. Then use salt water nose drops to clear his nostrils you might want to wear a mask while feeding and make sure you wash hands before feeding baby. ...Read more
Baby diet: Yogurt is not really necessary, since baby gets plenty of calcium and protein, from breast milk or formula. Babies ability to digest cows milk is not completely mature, you might wait till 9m. In small amounts, it should be ok. It shouldn't be in place of either formula/breast or the foods that your doctor has recommended. Also, remember only one new food every 3-4 days, to see how baby reacts. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- My 5 month old baby is constipated what can i give him to relive the problem
- My 2 year old has a terrible cough what can i give her that is over-the-counter
- What can i give my 1 month old for constipation?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What can i give a 2 month old for stuffy nose?
- What should i give my two month old for a dry cough?
- Can i give my 8 month old baby whole milk?
- What developmental signs can i expect when my baby is 6 months old?
- Talk to a pediatrician online