Doctor insights on:
What Chemotherapy Induces Peripheral Neuropathy
A complete nerve transection will leave an area totally numb. The distribution of the numbers depends upon where the nerve was cut. A partial nerve injury may leave the area tingly or incompletely numb. Finally even if the nerve is not cut the swelling and bruising to the tea can affect the nerve as well. Usually we consider sharp penetrating injuries as likely having nerve lacerations when sensation is lost. A hand surgeon can examine the hand and pinpoint the site or extent of nerve injury and recommend ...Read more
Peripheral neuropath: Most commonly presented as numbness/decreased sensation and tingling on your fingers and toes (stocking-glove pattern) . When it is worse it can then be presented as pain / discomfort on your hands and feet. ( painful neuropathy). Sometimes, particular chemotherapy like oxaliplatin also can give you cold induced pain. Chemo induced neuropathy - usually is accumulative. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
How long will I need to take vitamin B6 for peripheral neuropathy that was caused by chemotherapy?
Tb: I have the option to take isoniazid 300mg/day for 9 month
side effects: drug induced hepatitis & peripheral neuropathy
need another doctor opinion
TB treatment: Most medications will have a long list of possible side effects but that does not mean those things will happen. You need to consider taking the medicine to treat the TB so you will not get sick or spread the infection to your family. Just be sure to take some vitamin b6 to prevent any neuropathy. Never did see any patient have trouble with the isoniazid. Just follow up with your doctor as directe. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Chemotherapy induced peripheral neuropathy treatment
- B vitamins to prevent chemotherapy induced peripheral neuropathy
- What is peripheral neuropathy in diabetes?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What are the causes of small fiber peripheral neuropathy?
- What vitamins and minerals are a remedy for peripheral neuropathy?
- What is the drug of choice for the peripheral neuropathy in diabetic pt?
- What is the lifespan when you have peripheral neuropathy?
- Talk to a oncologist online for free