Doctor insights on:
What Changes Can I Expect In My Body In The Second Trimester
Quite a few: In the second trimester, the baby continues to grow, making room for itself by pushing your organs out of the way. So your abdomen will enlarge, and towards the third trimester other problems like hemorrhoids, heartburn and back pain may result. "what to expect when expecting" is one of many good prenatal education books to consider reading for more information. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Being Pregnant: In reality this is not common or normal. Thus most of us here would defer to your OB to explain this. You are correct. The early ultrasounds are usually the most accurate for dating. There must be a reason and i would direct you to your OB to confirm why this was done in your situation. ...Read more
I'm freaking out now! my first trimester due date was 6/23/13 now i'm in second trimester and it changed to 6/20/13, which one is more accurate?
First trimester: First trimester dating is more accurate than second trimester dating. The estimated dates of june 20, june 21, june 22, or june 23 are about the same in real life, because real life is never exact. ...Read more
What changes a due date? And why is the first trimester ultrasound more accurate than the second trimester ultrasound?
Ultrasound dating.: First trimester ultrasound is by far the most accurate in determining the precise due date (+/- 3-7 days, depending on exactly when it is performed). Second trimester sonograms are less accurate but still helpful in pegging down the due date within +/-7-12 days. Third trimester scans are not very accurate in dating the pregnancy, as growth varies (+/- 14-21 days). Menstrual dating is not very good. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How can i expect my breasts to change in pregnancy?
- What i can expect after laser treatment on my face?
- What can i expect at physical therapy for tendonitis in my foot?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What can i expect at my first prenatal visit?
- What can i expect to pay when i get my warts frozen?
- What is iron deficiency anemia and can i correct it by changing my diet?
- What can i do if my skin is changing while i am pregnant?
- Talk to a obstetrician and gynecologist online