Doctor insights on:
What Causes Your Lip To Jump
I have cervicsl myelopathy and my hand stays numb but layely my left eye and lip have began jumping and my left eye droops a little..
Where is compression: Cervical Myelopathy often comes from cervical spinal cord compression and gives you numb hands among many other things. Eye and lip muscles are innervated by the 7th or Facial nerve. The nerve is located in the brainstem far above the cervical spine. However, if the compression is large enough and long enough this is possible. What is the reason for your myelopathy? ...Read more
Lip issue: Dryness of the lip can definitely contribute to your lips getting cracked and cut on. Without further history, i cannot tell you more. Making sure you apply ample lip lubrication is important to prevent further dryness and chapping. ...Read more
May be lip eczema: Persistent dry bumpy lips can be lip eczema, which may be treated like skin eczema, using hydrocortisone cream (twice a day for 1 week) plus Vaseline or Aquaphor to retain moisture. Sometimes lip balm or lip sunscreen chemicals cause an allergic reaction. Other times, a person is a primary lip-licker (it's her habit). Once cracked, lips get irritated by routine foods and juices. A doctor can help. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What causes your lips to turn dark when smoking weed?
- What would cause your lips to swell?
- What causes your eye to jump?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What causes your lip to twitch?
- What causes your lips to swell up?
- What causes your lips to be dry?
- What causes your top lip to swell?
- What causes your lip to jump constantly?