Doctor insights on:
What Causes Your Eye To Twitch
Cause is uncertain: Trembling of an eyelid, which happens in normal people, is called myokymia (an involuntary, spontaneous, quivering of a few muscle cell bundles within a muscle). Myokymia starts and stops spontaneously. In the eyelids, it can last a few minutes to a few days. One should see an ophthalmologist (md eye doctor) if such symptoms persist, keep recurring, or are combined with any other symptoms. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
What can cause your eye to twitch, and what do I need to do? Or who do I need to see about it? Would it contain seeing a neoroligist?
Ocular irritation: Likely causes of twitching of the eyelid (eyelid myokymia )are related to ocular surface irritation, whether its from dry eyes, eyelid inflammation, allergies, dust, wind, medications, too much caffeine, or stress. First trial artificial tears 4-6 times per day. Warm compresses and lid massages may also help. See an eye md if these don't help. ...Read more
Eyelid twitching: Eyelid twitching is often due to any cause of eye irritation, stimulant use, stress, lack of sleep, neurologic disease, and other issues. Try using frequent artificial tears, getting adequate sleep and minimize stress, and stop stimulant use. If this persists, see an eye doctor. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What can cause your eye to twitch?
- What is the cause of a twitching eye?
- What causes a twitch under the eye?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What causes twitching eye lid?
- What causes my eye to twitch?
- What causes eye twitching and headaches?
- Causes of eye twitching and dizziness
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free