Doctor insights on:
What Causes You To Spit Up Blood
Coughing or spitting: If coughing that implies it is coming from lungs due to bronchitis, TB or even a tumor. If spitting it implies it is coming from GI tract. Either one requires prompt medical evaluation. If the amount is large go to the ED now. If smaller see primary care as soon as possible. Thanks for trusting HealthTap! ...Read more
Proabbly not: it's very common for blood to go down the throat. One small bleed that stopped promptly is not a big deal and not a reason for medical attention. If it keeps repeating or is a cup or greater, that would be a reason to see what is happening. Blood leaks, comes up. temporary then not a problem. ...Read more
Many reasons: Infections, bruses, polyps (small benign growths), etc can cause what you are describing. ...Read more
Yes: The brownish phlegm is actually blood in your saliva. You very likely a serious gum infection and need to see a dentist for a complete exam including x-rays. Please do not wait. This could be a serious problem. It is more than likely periodontitis which is a much more serious problem. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What cause spitting up blood?
- Can alcohol cause you to spit up blood?
- What to do if you spit up blood?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What makes you spit up blood?
- What happens if you spit up blood?
- What causes someone to spit up blood?
- Spitting up blood causes
- What causes you to spit up blood in the morning?