Doctor insights on:
What Causes You To Spit Up Blood
Coughing or spitting: If coughing that implies it is coming from lungs due to bronchitis, TB or even a tumor. If spitting it implies it is coming from GI tract. Either one requires prompt medical evaluation. If the amount is large go to the ED now. If smaller see primary care as soon as possible. Thanks for trusting HealthTap! ...Read more
Proabbly not: it's very common for blood to go down the throat. One small bleed that stopped promptly is not a big deal and not a reason for medical attention. If it keeps repeating or is a cup or greater, that would be a reason to see what is happening. Blood leaks, comes up. temporary then not a problem. ...Read more
Saliva: It is unlikely that the medication would cause blood in your saliva unless you are dissolving the pill in your mouth, direct contact. You could have a gastric reflex problem that is affected by this medication and the blood coming from your stomach or throat. See your md. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Yes: The brownish phlegm is actually blood in your saliva. You very likely a serious gum infection and need to see a dentist for a complete exam including x-rays. Please do not wait. This could be a serious problem. It is more than likely periodontitis which is a much more serious problem. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can alcohol cause you to spit up blood?
- What can cause you to cough up blood?
- What would cause you to cough up blood?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What to do if you spit up blood?
- What does it mean when you spit up a little blood?
- What does it mean when you spit up blood with a sinus infection?
- What causes blood pressure to go down while the heart rate goes up with exercise?
- What can cause you to spit up blood?