Doctor insights on:
What Causes You To Clinch Yor Teeth While Sleeping
Stress: Believe it or not, small children experience stress in their lives just as we do. The most common reason to grind the teeth is stress related. However, another cause is due to eruption of teeth. This could be a normal body response to dealing with the change in the bite as they lose baby teeth and get adult teeth. Take him to an orthodontist for an exam to know for sure. Check out www.Braces.Org. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
2 reasons: Very common. 1. Jaws grow slightly unevenly. As they do, kids tend to "grind in" their occlusion so teeth mesh better. 2. Kids back up the "computer" @ nite. They learn so much during the day, they tend to process it when they sleep. Grinding should disappear as permanent teeth start to erupt. By the way, 1st orthodontic cm-up age 7. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Stress. Custom guard: The most commonly accepted theory of why people grind their teeth is stress. Other contributing factors could be malocclusion (misaligned teeth) or missing teeth. Your best option to stop grinding, or at least prevent damage to your teeth and TMJ is to have your dentist make a custom fitted "night guard" which is comfortable to wear when you sleep. It can also be worn during the day ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What causes teeth grinding while sleeping?
- What causes headaches while you sleep?
- What is the cause of grinding teeth in sleep?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What causes jerking while sleeping?
- Bite teeth while sleeping
- Teeth clenching while sleeping
- Biting teeth while sleeping
- Talk to a dentist online for free