Doctor insights on:
What Causes White Blood Cell Count To Be High
My white blood cell count was 6.25... Is this normal or low? Is it okay to take prednisone for poison ivy with this WBC count?
Yes, but How high?: What is your WBC count? Both physical and mental stress can cause elevation of WBC count, but it is prudent to exclude other causes, such as infection before invoking exhaustion as the explanation. See this site for info. http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/high-white-blood-cell-count/my00161. ...Read more
Body response: Infection or inflamation.Get a more detailed answer ›
Usually bacterial: It's usually a bacterial illness that causes the symptoms you describe. But this can include anything form sinus infections, tonsillitis, ear infections, pneumonia, infection in the blood, urinary tract infections, appendicitis, meningitis, skin abcesses... The list goes on and on. You need a thorough assessment of associated symptoms and a physical exam to try and pinpoint your condition. ...Read more
Not directly: However, certain diseases that cause a high white count can also cause fatigue. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What would cause your white blood cell count to be low?
- What cause your ref blood cell count to be high?
- What causes your white blood cell count to be low?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What can cause white blood cell count to be low?
- What causes the white blood cell count to be low?
- What causes white blood count to be high?
- What is your white blood cell count supposed to be?
- Talk to a hematologist online for free